“We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, …” 1 Thessalonians 2:8
Who We Are
At Maplewood Church, we love to teach God’s Word to kids! “Sharing Christ while serving others” jumps into action as we provide your child with a safe, compassionate environment where the Bible is taught through interactive lessons.
What We Do and When We Meet
- AWANA ~ Sundays at 5:55 p.m. (throughout the school year)
- Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, (II Timothy 2:15) AWANA is a worldwide program with the focus of leading kids to know, love, and serve Christ. We offer four AWANA clubs: Puggles (2 year olds), Cubbies (ages 3 & 4), Sparks (grades K – 2), and T&T (grades 3 -6). Click the icon for the latest update.
- Bible Fellowship ~ Sundays at 9:15 a.m.
- Our desire is to help kids learn how great God is and how great His love is for them! Pre-K Class (3 & 4s) are learning through “Hands-On Bible Curriculum”; K-2 Class, 3rd & 4th Grade Class, and 5th & 6th Grade Class study the Bible through “Faith-Weaver Now Curriculum”, all by Group Publishing.
- Little Arrows & Big Arrows (Psalm 127:3-5) ~ Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Little Arrows, for 2 1/2 through 4 year old children, teaches Bible lessons from an adaptation of “Growing with God” by Gospel Light and reinforces concepts through crafts, snacks, and learning centers. Big Arrows for 5 & 6 year olds (K & 1st grade) is where the scriptures come to life through dramatic reenactments, science experiments, or creative games. An adaptation of “Route 52 Explore Bible Stories” is used for this class.
- Bible Voyagers ~ Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Children ages 7 through 9 (2nd & 3rd grade) board a life-sized boat and set out on a journey to read and navigate God’s Word. In addition to reading The Young Reader’s Bible, the children practice locating Scriptures in The Children’s International Bible. Adapted from “Route 52 Follow the Bible”, the children’s journey includes hands-on activities that help children apply biblical truth to their lives in an unforgettable way.
- Nursery ~ Sundays at 9:15 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 5:55 p.m.; Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m.; and Wednesdays at 6:00p.m when needed.
- Infant through toddler ministry is offered in our Nursery for ages newborn through 30 months. A brief Bible lesson is shared on Sunday mornings through “Baby Beginnings” by Gospel Light.
- VBS / Drama / Special Events
- We are truly thankful for the talents and gifts God has given to individuals at Maplewood Church who can bring the Bible to life with awe-inspiring celebrations. Your family and friends are always welcome to join us at any of our special children’s programs!